Deal hatched for Prince Charles to remarry
Lili2
2004-06-03 06:43:54 UTC
LONDON (AFP) - British church leaders have cleared the way for the heir to the
country's throne, Prince Charles, to wed a divorcee following years of debate
about the constitutional implications, a report said.

The Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams, the worldwide leader of the
Anglican church, has given his personal blessing for the prince to marry
Camilla Parker Bowles, the Times said on the front page of its Thursday
edition.

Charles was previously married to, and divorced from, Princess Diana, who died
in a car accident in Paris in August 1997, while Parker Bowles divorced her
husband two years before that.

The issue of whether the royal heir can marry a divorcee has vexed
constitutional experts for years, since the British monarch is the titular head
of the Anglican church and thus officially expected to be beyond moral
reproach.

Conservative Anglicans have long expressed opposition to Charles and Parker
Bowles marrying in a church given their well-documented adultery with each
other before the breakdown of their respective marriages.

However the couple were now "actively considering wedding plans" after Williams
dropped his objections to the union following secret talks with the prince, the
Times said, citing an unnamed friend of the heir.

Marriage is now a definite possibility, the friend -- who is "authorised" to
speak on Charles's behalf, according to the Times -- was quoted as saying.

"It would be wrong to give the impression that they have not talked about it.
That would not be right.

"But no one will rush into it or bounce them into it. It's a personal
decision."

However any announcement would be impossible before the conclusion of a formal
British police inquiry into the death of Princess Diana, which is still
underway, meaning nothing would happen until "next year at the earliest", the
friend said.
Terea
2004-06-03 12:31:08 UTC
Post by Lili2
[...]
I am glad that I do not have the responsibility of deciding if Charles
can marry Camilla. Unfortunately Diana was loved by everyone myself
included and their will alsways be "daggers" out for Camilla. If they
do marry I think Charles should forfeit his right to King and William
to take the reign.
Guy Bannis
2004-06-03 20:26:45 UTC
Post by Terea
I am glad that I do not have the responsibility of deciding if Charles
can marry Camilla. Unfortunately Diana was loved by everyone myself
included and their will alsways be "daggers" out for Camilla. If they
do marry I think Charles should forfeit his right to King and William
to take the reign.
Agree. Charles behaved like a cad from the night before his wedding
ceremony through his entire marriage. And Camilla was a willing
accomplice.

So shall we start a pool on how long that marriage will last? Cheating has
a thrill of its own that disappears with marriage.
Brandy  Alexandre
2004-06-03 21:41:09 UTC
Post by Guy Bannis
Post by Terea
I am glad that I do not have the responsibility of deciding if
Charles can marry Camilla. Unfortunately Diana was loved by
everyone myself included and their will alsways be "daggers" out
for Camilla. If they do marry I think Charles should forfeit his
right to King and William to take the reign.
Agree. Charles behaved like a cad from the night before his
wedding ceremony through his entire marriage. And Camilla was a
willing accomplice.
So shall we start a pool on how long that marriage will last?
Cheating has a thrill of its own that disappears with marriage.
I can't help but entertain the thought (and it is entertaining) that
perhaps the rottweiler is sick and dying and Chaz wants to make an
"honest woman of her :::coughgag::: Wouldn't it be loverly should the
plans take so long and the remainder of her life should be so short?
--
Brandy  Alexandre
http://www.swydm.com/?refer=BrandyAlx
Why are people with closed minds first to open their mouths?
Emma Chase VanCott
2004-06-03 22:37:32 UTC
"Brandy??Alexandre" <***@kamikaze.orgy> wrote:
: Guy Bannis <***@ether.net> wrote in alt.showbiz.gossip:

: > In article <***@posting.google.com>,
: > ***@aol.com (Terea) wrote:
: >
: >> I am glad that I do not have the responsibility of deciding if
: >> Charles can marry Camilla. Unfortunately Diana was loved by
: >> everyone myself included and their will alsways be "daggers" out
: >> for Camilla. If they do marry I think Charles should forfeit his
: >> right to King and William to take the reign.
: >
: > Agree. Charles behaved like a cad from the night before his
: > wedding ceremony through his entire marriage. And Camilla was a
: > willing accomplice.
: >
: > So shall we start a pool on how long that marriage will last?
: > Cheating has a thrill of its own that disappears with marriage.
: >

: I can't help but entertain the thought (and it is entertaining) that
: perhaps the rottweiler is sick and dying and Chaz wants to make an

She's a smoker, no?

Emma
Terea
2004-06-04 05:21:42 UTC
Post by Emma Chase VanCott
: >
[...]
Come on now I don't want to wish any harm on anyone. Camilla might
get Charles but they will never live happy ever after. Their will
never be another royal that the nation loves as much as Diana they
will look out for her beautiful sons (something that Camilla will
never have) but Camilla will always be haunted by Dianas past as Diana
will never be forgotton.
Brandy  Alexandre
2004-06-05 03:14:30 UTC
Post by Terea
Come on now I don't want to wish any harm on anyone. Camilla
might get Charles but they will never live happy ever after.
Their will never be another royal that the nation loves as much as
Diana they will look out for her beautiful sons (something that
Camilla will never have) but Camilla will always be haunted by
Dianas past as Diana will never be forgotton.
I think William will be a beloved monarch, but I still keep having this
feeling he won't make it. There's going to be a Henry IX.
Alan Hurshman
2004-06-05 16:16:53 UTC
Post by Guy Bannis
Post by Terea
I am glad that I do not have the responsibility of deciding if Charles
can marry Camilla. Unfortunately Diana was loved by everyone myself
included and their will alsways be "daggers" out for Camilla. If they
do marry I think Charles should forfeit his right to King and William
to take the reign.
So shall we start a pool on how long that marriage will last? Cheating has
a thrill of its own that disappears with marriage.
You might also want to start a pool on how many Commonwealth
countries will drop the British crown as head of state if a Charles
married to Canilla ever becomes king. I bet there would not be a few.
--
Alan H.
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Vandevere
2004-06-06 00:24:41 UTC
Post by Alan Hurshman
Post by Guy Bannis
Post by Terea
I am glad that I do not have the responsibility of deciding if Charles
can marry Camilla. Unfortunately Diana was loved by everyone myself
included and their will alsways be "daggers" out for Camilla. If they
do marry I think Charles should forfeit his right to King and William
to take the reign.
So shall we start a pool on how long that marriage will last? Cheating has
a thrill of its own that disappears with marriage.
You might also want to start a pool on how many Commonwealth
countries will drop the British crown as head of state if a Charles
married to Canilla ever becomes king. I bet there would not be a few.
Somehow, I just don't see Charles marrying her. I'm sure he loves
her, and she loves him. But I don't believe he's going to go the
Edward VIII route. And I don't see Camilla wanting to go that way
either...

Vandevere

Brandy  Alexandre
2004-06-03 21:39:01 UTC
Post by Lili2
The issue of whether the royal heir can marry a divorcee has vexed
constitutional experts for years, since the British monarch is the
titular head of the Anglican church and thus officially expected
to be beyond moral reproach.
Well, it's already astoundingly clear that he is NOT beyond moral
reproach and the fact that he or she is divorced is the very least of
it. He's a cad and an adulterer. That alone should exclude him from
the throne if moral reproach is the compass by which they choose a