Insane drummer just played with DEVO
JimmyM
2010-06-06 04:11:17 UTC
Just thought you all might get a kick out of this...I just watched the
KROQ Weenie Roast on a webcast, and I guess their regular drummer had
to miss the gig so DEVO had Steve Moore, that crazy drummer who plays
Sharp Dressed Man:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f21_1275427569

And he killed! One of the most amazing performances by a drummer
ever. He couldn't have had more than a few days notice, and he nailed
everything perfectly. Not quite as crazy as he was in this video, but
still pretty crazy. I know everyone has kind of been goofing on him
for being whacked out, but he's the real deal. He's even better than
you, Shitfoot.
JimmyM
2010-06-06 09:23:17 UTC
Tried to cancel my message but I don't think it took. I misidentified
the drummer with Devo as that crazy lounge drummer in that video going
around this past week. While it sure looked like him, even down to
the way he set up his drums, it wasn't. Sorry about that. For once
you can all call me a dumbass and be accurate ;)
lab~rat >:-)
2010-06-07 12:51:08 UTC
Post by JimmyM
Tried to cancel my message but I don't think it took. I misidentified
the drummer with Devo as that crazy lounge drummer in that video going
around this past week. While it sure looked like him, even down to
the way he set up his drums, it wasn't. Sorry about that. For once
you can all call me a dumbass and be accurate ;)
I know you were up all night posting the original and this
clarification, but now it's clear as mud. So is the band DEVO doing
ZZ Top cover songs or is the drummer from DEVO sitting in with these
guys, or did all the guys at one time hear a DEVO song?
--
lab~rat >:-)
Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
JimmyM
2010-06-07 14:25:54 UTC
Post by lab~rat >:-)
Post by JimmyM
Tried to cancel my message but I don't think it took. I misidentified
the drummer with Devo as that crazy lounge drummer in that video going
around this past week. While it sure looked like him, even down to
the way he set up his drums, it wasn't. Sorry about that. For once
you can all call me a dumbass and be accurate ;)
I know you were up all night posting the original and this
clarification, but now it's clear as mud. So is the band DEVO doing
ZZ Top cover songs or is the drummer from DEVO sitting in with these
guys, or did all the guys at one time hear a DEVO song?
neither. the guy who subbed in DEVO had a drumset that was set up
almost the same way, and the same brand. the only difference was this
guy had only one bass drum. he also looked a lot like him on a
webcast on a tiny screeen and did a few stick tricks. and i, being a
little whacked that night and watching on a grainy display, made the
connection. seriously, who the hell else plays ludwig drums these
days and sets them up like that guy? apparently the sub drummer for
Devo ;)

btw, his name is Jeff Friedl, he plays with the bands ashes divide and
puscifer (tool's lead singer's side project), and he kicks fucking
ass!
lab~rat >:-)
2010-06-07 17:32:00 UTC
Post by JimmyM
Post by lab~rat >:-)
Post by JimmyM
[...]
It looks like a Chris Farley bit, but more gay since they're wearing
gold lame...
Drumrboy
2010-06-07 22:56:35 UTC
On Jun 7, 10:25 am, JimmyM <***@nnn.com> wrote:
seriously, who the hell else plays ludwig drums these
days and sets them up like that guy?  apparently the sub drummer for
Devo ;)
btw, his name is Jeff Friedl, he plays with the bands ashes divide and
puscifer (tool's lead singer's side project), and he kicks fucking
ass!
Bernie Dressler plays Ludwigs and sets them up the same way. Oh, and
he kicks ass on that clown in the gold lame.
JimmyM
2010-06-07 23:00:28 UTC
Post by JimmyM
seriously, who the hell else plays ludwig drums these
days and sets them up like that guy?  apparently the sub drummer for
Devo ;)
btw, his name is Jeff Friedl, he plays with the bands ashes divide and
puscifer (tool's lead singer's side project), and he kicks fucking
ass!
Bernie Dressler plays Ludwigs and sets them up the same way. Oh, and
he kicks ass on that clown in the gold lame.
well now that i know he wasn't playing with devo, i might agree with
you. but that jeff friedl was amazing. you should check him out,
shitfoot.
so you diane i
2010-06-11 13:12:56 UTC
"Drumrboy" <***@aol.com> wrote in message news:d54d57a9-5599-4b35-bab5-***@y11g2000yqm.googlegroups.com...
On Jun 7, 10:25 am, JimmyM <***@nnn.com> wrote:
seriously, who the hell else plays ludwig drums these
days and sets them up like that guy? apparently the sub drummer for
Devo ;)
btw, his name is Jeff Friedl, he plays with the bands ashes divide and
puscifer (tool's lead singer's side project), and he kicks fucking
ass!
Bernie Dressler plays Ludwigs and sets them up the same way. Oh, and
he kicks ass on that clown in the gold lame.

------------

How is it possible that this drummer is chubby when he gets a workout like
that? Is he eating every minute he is not drumming??
--
so you diane i

PS ... Lab, I don't think I knew when I showed you the dance video, but my
granddaughters dance routine is going to the nationals in July ..
lab~rat >:-)
2010-06-14 11:58:05 UTC
On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 09:12:56 -0400, "so you diane i"
Post by so you diane i
PS ... Lab, I don't think I knew when I showed you the dance video, but my
granddaughters dance routine is going to the nationals in July ..
Great. Good luck with that...
KK
2010-06-15 17:55:49 UTC
From: Django12
To: alt.fans.of.the.washed.up

Jeff,

I'm totally with Jimmy and though I wouldn't invite him to Sunday dinner
at my church, he ended up proving everything he said.

I don't pretend to know much about anything on the drums other than that
I like playing, but I've seen some of the articles with studio players
where they said the same things about Ludwigs as he did.

Ray
2010-06-07 17:45:05 UTC
Post by lab~rat >:-)
Tried to cancel my message but I don't think it took.  I misidentified
the drummer with Devo as that crazy lounge drummer in that video going
around this past week.  While it sure looked like him, even down to
the way he set up his drums, it wasn't.  Sorry about that.  For once
you can all call me a dumbass and be accurate ;)
I know you were up all night posting the original and this
clarification, but now it's clear as mud.  So is the band DEVO doing
ZZ Top cover songs or is the drummer from DEVO sitting in with these
guys, or did all the guys at one time hear a DEVO song?
--
lab~rat  >:-)
Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
Christ you have so much free time and all you seem to do is try to
bore the world to death.

Ever considered getting a hobby? Or a boyfriend?
lab~rat >:-)
2010-06-07 18:37:10 UTC
Post by Ray
Post by lab~rat >:-)
Tried to cancel my message but I don't think it took.  I misidentified
the drummer with Devo as that crazy lounge drummer in that video going
around this past week.  While it sure looked like him, even down to
the way he set up his drums, it wasn't.  Sorry about that.  For once
you can all call me a dumbass and be accurate ;)
I know you were up all night posting the original and this
clarification, but now it's clear as mud.  So is the band DEVO doing
ZZ Top cover songs or is the drummer from DEVO sitting in with these
guys, or did all the guys at one time hear a DEVO song?
--
lab~rat  >:-)
Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
Christ you have so much free time and all you seem to do is try to
bore the world to death.
Ever considered getting a hobby? Or a boyfriend?
The Stern show is badly in need of some funny bits...
JimmyM
i'll make YOU my boyfirned, homo.
so you diane i
2010-06-11 13:15:13 UTC
Post by lab~rat >:-)
Tried to cancel my message but I don't think it took. I misidentified
the drummer with Devo as that crazy lounge drummer in that video going
around this past week. While it sure looked like him, even down to
the way he set up his drums, it wasn't. Sorry about that. For once
you can all call me a dumbass and be accurate ;)
I know you were up all night posting the original and this
clarification, but now it's clear as mud. So is the band DEVO doing
ZZ Top cover songs or is the drummer from DEVO sitting in with these
guys, or did all the guys at one time hear a DEVO song?
--
lab~rat >:-)
Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
Christ you have so much free time and all you seem to do is try to
bore the world to death.

Ever considered getting a hobby? Or a boyfriend?

========
I am confused. This was NOT a stand in drummer for Devo, right? It was
NOT a Devo song .. Is this the drummer you wanted us to see? Is he Devo's
drummer playing with another band?? What did I miss? Do I need another cup
of coffee?
so you diane i
Drumrboy
2010-06-07 22:52:11 UTC
Post by JimmyM
Just thought you all might get a kick out of this...I just watched the
KROQ Weenie Roast on a webcast, and I guess their regular drummer had
to miss the gig so DEVO had Steve Moore, that crazy drummer who plays
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f21_1275427569
And he killed!  One of the most amazing performances by a drummer
ever.  He couldn't have had more than a few days notice, and he nailed
everything perfectly.  Not quite as crazy as he was in this video, but
still pretty crazy.  I know everyone has kind of been goofing on him
for being whacked out, but he's the real deal.  He's even better than
you, Shitfoot.
No gigs, Tubby? You should spend more time practicing. Or wash the
dishes so Nancy doesn't have to when she gets home from work.

Just sayin....
KK
2010-06-15 17:48:00 UTC
Post by JimmyM
Just thought you all might get a kick out of this...
Why the sweet fuck would you think that, even for a drunken second?