Charles/Camilla to wed - but she will not be Queen
Rick in Oz
2005-02-10 13:30:18 UTC
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=
337342&in_page_id=1770

Charles to wed Camilla - but she will not be Queen

The Prince of Wales and Camilla Parker Bowles are to marry on April 8 at
Windsor Castle. Clarence House confirmed the pair will finally wed more than
30 years after they first met - ending long speculation about their future.
The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh have given the Prince of Wales and Mrs
Parker Bowles their "warmest good wishes for their future together",
Buckingham Palace said.

Princes William and Harry are "delighted" at the announcement, according to
a Clarence House aide.

Mrs Parker Bowles will use the title HRH the Duchess of Cornwall after
marriage, Clarence House said.
When Charles becomes King, Camilla will not be known as Queen Camilla but as
the Princess Consort, in an attempt to avoid further controversy.

The newly-engaged couple will make their first public appearance together as
bride and groom-to-be tonight as they attend a dinner at Windsor Castle,
where they will marry on April 8.

In a statement issued on the Queen's behalf by the Palace, she said: "The
Duke of Edinburgh and I are very happy that the Prince of Wales and Mrs
Parker Bowles are to marry."

Prime Minister Tony Blair said: "I'm delighted for the Prince of Wales and
Camilla Parker Bowles, it's very happy news."

Mr Blair said the Cabinet had sent: "Congratulations and good wishes... we
all wish them every happiness for their future together."

Downing Street categorically denied that it had leaked news of the marriage.

A senior Downing Street source said: "The number of people in No.10 who knew
of this were fewer than the fingers on one hand and they have known about it
for some time, not just last night.

"That's a categorical denial."

Queen consulted Blair

The denial came after it emerged that the Queen consulted Mr Blair before
giving her royal consent to the marriage. A Palace spokeswoman said the
Queen was consulted and aware of the Prince's plans sometime before the
announcement.

"She took advice from the Prime Minister and then gave her consent," said
the spokeswoman.

As Duchess of Cornwall, Camilla would take precedence within the Royal
Family as the wife of the Prince of Wales.

Camilla would, therefore, be the most senior female Royal after the Queen.

The style "Her Royal Highness" and title were decided following discussion
between the Queen and the Prince.

At present, Camilla would not be required to carry out official royal
duties.

"Such duties would be undertaken at the request of the Queen and on the
advice of her Ministers," said the Palace.

"As the wife of the Prince of Wales, she will have no constitutional role at
present. But as the Duchess of Cornwall, she will be invited to state and
national occasions at the Queen's invitation."

The Lord Chamberlain's department at Buckingham Palace would be liaising
with Clarence House on the wedding arrangements, the spokeswoman added.

Leader of the Commons Peter Hain is to make a statement to MPs in the House
of Commons this afternoon.

Tory leader Michael Howard said: "I warmly congratulate the Prince of Wales
and Mrs Parker Bowles. I wish them every happiness in their marriage."

Years of speculation

The move will end years of speculation on their relationship which has
spanned decades.

Mrs Parker Bowles's current position meant her status was dogged with
problems, including her seating at social functions away from the heir to
the throne.

But the impending wedding will now allow her to be at the Prince's side
full-time in an official capacity.

They first met at a Windsor polo match in 1970.

Last June, Mrs Parker Bowles was mentioned in the Prince's accounts - moving
into a new realm of acceptance.

This week, there was further controversy over the cost of her lifestyle and
how it was funded by the Prince.

The announcement comes before the completion of the inquest into the death
of Diana, Princess of Wales.

Former head of the Metropolitan Police Sir John Stevens is still
investigating the car crash in which she died in August 1997. The inquest
will follow this.

From Sunny Oz, Rick :)
Proud Keeper of the talented & beautiful Halle Berry.
Skipper

Proud Keeper of the talented & beautiful Halle Berry.
Buttercup
2005-02-10 22:25:55 UTC

Show some respect!!! Your Royal Rotwielerness! LOL
d***@hotmail.com
2005-02-11 00:42:41 UTC
Post by Skipper
She will be addressed as Your Horseness.
Don't you mean Your Horse's Arse?

Deborah
Post by Skipper
Post by Rick in Oz
[...]
From Sunny Oz, Rick :)
Proud Keeper of the talented & beautiful Halle Berry.
Roofshadow
2005-02-11 03:41:02 UTC
Post by d***@hotmail.com
Post by Skipper
She will be addressed as Your Horseness.
Don't you mean Your Horse's Arse?
I suggested a title for her in another thread: Your Royal Whoreness.

**********
Roofshadow

AUK FNG
E Varden
2005-02-11 21:11:31 UTC
Post by Roofshadow
Post by d***@hotmail.com
Post by Skipper
She will be addressed as Your Horseness.
Don't you mean Your Horse's Arse?
I suggested a title for her in another thread: Your Royal Whoreness.
Y'all are childish schoolyard piaasants. And that means not at all
funny nor amusing.

Which is what counts.

Pe
i***@gmail.com
2005-02-10 15:32:05 UTC
Post by Rick in Oz
how it was funded by the Prince.
The announcement comes before the completion of the inquest into the death
of Diana, Princess of Wales.
Former head of the Metropolitan Police Sir John Stevens is still
investigating the car crash in which she died in August 1997. The inquest
will follow this.
From Sunny Oz, Rick :)
Proud Keeper of the talented & beautiful Halle Berry.
After I heard this onthe news all I could say THAT COW!!! sORRY lol
Chris Pisarra
2005-02-10 16:06:22 UTC
Good for them!

Not many loves can last this long, with so many difficulties in the path.
It's about time they were able to enjoy being together.

Chris
Annie
2005-02-10 16:41:51 UTC
Post by Chris Pisarra
Good for them!
Not many loves can last this long, with so many difficulties in the path.
It's about time they were able to enjoy being together.
I totally agree! Not that surprising to me, really. What I am a bit
surprised at is that England has changed the rules enough to let him be
King...even if she won't be a Queen.
Messalina
2005-02-10 17:13:14 UTC
Post by Chris Pisarra
Good for them!
Not many loves can last this long, with so many difficulties in the path.
It's about time they were able to enjoy being together.
I totally agree! Not that surprising to me, really. What I am a bit
surprised at is that England has changed the rules enough to let him be
King...even if she won't be a Queen.
I don't. They trampled on someone else's feelings to have each other.
Their relationship is tainted.

I wonder if Camilla ever thinks about how if she'd have just stayed the
course she would have been queen after all, instead of giving up to
marry someone else.

Mez
Jess Askin
IIRC they didn't meet until after she was already married.
nina
2005-02-10 21:32:36 UTC
Post by Jess Askin
Post by Chris Pisarra
King...even if she won't be a Queen.
I don't. They trampled on someone else's feelings to have each other.
Their relationship is tainted.
I wonder if Camilla ever thinks about how if she'd have just stayed the
course she would have been queen after all, instead of giving up to
marry someone else.
IIRC they didn't meet until after she was already married.
No. They knew each other, Charles went into the Navy or something or
another, so Camilla married someone else.
polar
2005-02-11 00:14:48 UTC
Post by Jess Askin
Post by Chris Pisarra
King...even if she won't be a Queen.
I don't. They trampled on someone else's feelings to have each other.
Their relationship is tainted.
I wonder if Camilla ever thinks about how if she'd have just stayed the
course she would have been queen after all, instead of giving up to
marry someone else.
IIRC they didn't meet until after she was already married.
I read somewhere they met when they were both single,
Camilla wanted very much for Charles to ask for her hand
in marriage but he wasn't ready for that so she ran off and
married someone else.
d***@hotmail.com
2005-02-11 00:47:20 UTC
Post by polar
I read somewhere they met when they were both single,
Camilla wanted very much for Charles to ask for her hand
in marriage but he wasn't ready for that so she ran off and
married someone else.
They were single when they met. Charlie's uncle, Lord Mountbatten, told
him she was good mistress material, but not wife material. So, they
screwed around, he found someone else, she married, then continued
screwing, and then he married Diana -- because he had to marry somebody
-- and they continued screwing. The rest is, as they say, history. Sort
of.

Funny that the church of England will bless the marriage of an
adulterer and an adulteress, but everybody gets in a froth over
marriages between committed gay couples.

Deborah
d***@hotmail.com

Deborah
Buttercup
2005-02-11 01:55:54 UTC
polar

read somewhere they met when they were both single,
Camilla wanted very much for Charles to ask for her hand
in marriage but he wasn't ready for that so she ran off and
married someone else<<<<<<<<<<<<

I think it also has a lot to do with the fact that she would have
had to prove her viginity to marry Charels. I think it's a crock.
He was 31 when he married and she had to be a virgin. Maybe
when he was checking the kindergarteners out when he met
Diana. Perhaps he would have had a longer happier marriage
if he was allowed to marry someone closer to his own age.

JMHO
Zeb Quinn
2005-02-10 17:28:27 UTC
Post by Messalina
I wonder if Camilla ever thinks about how if she'd have just stayed the
course she would have been queen after all, instead of giving up to
marry someone else.
That only works if you reject the theory that Charles, Camilla, and who
knows who else plotted the snuffing of Diana precisely so he could
marry Camilla.
AKA
Only an idiot would believe any such bullshit theory.
Zeb Quinn
2005-02-11 06:25:04 UTC
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews/content_objectid=13533662_method=full_siteid=50143_headline=-DIANA-LETTER-SENSATION---THEY-WILL-TRY-TO-KILL-ME--name_page.html
aleen
2005-02-11 12:13:14 UTC
Post by AKA
Only an idiot would believe any such bullshit theory.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews/content_objectid=13533662_method=full_s
iteid=50143_headline=-DIANA-LETTER-SENSATION---THEY-WILL-TRY-TO-KILL-ME--nam
e_page.html

The Mirror, huh? Hm.

aleen the karaoke queen
Zeb Quinn
2005-02-11 20:04:12 UTC
Post by Zeb Quinn
Post by AKA
Only an idiot would believe any such bullshit theory.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews/content_objectid=13533662_method=full_s
iteid=50143_headline=-DIANA-LETTER-SENSATION---THEY-WILL-TRY-TO-KILL-ME--nam
Post by Zeb Quinn
e_page.html
The Mirror, huh? Hm.
Yeah, The Mirror. The Mirror has been out there with the story about
the letter given to the butler, and the link I gave provides a nice
little snapshot story that capsulizes Diana's expression that Charles
would kill her so he could marry Camilla. But it isn't only The
Mirror. IIRC it was NBC Dateline that did a two-part special about it
a few months ago.

As Freud said, there are no accidents in life, and Jung expanded it to
say, "only synchronicity." Then always, always, *always* ask the
simple question, "¿quién beneficia?" The answer to that will always
illuminate an otherwise murky sequence of events.
l***@webtv.net
2005-02-10 17:33:59 UTC
Lavender blue dilly, dilly
Lavender green.
If you'll be king, dilly, dilly
I guess I can't be your queen dammit! :)
v***@yahoo.com
2005-02-10 21:54:38 UTC
They shouldn't have dragged an inncent young girl into their
relationship. When they realized they were still in love they should
have been a lot more decent to Diana. He went into his marriage
planning to cheat on his wife, and I think that stinks.
nina
2005-02-10 23:51:53 UTC
Post by v***@yahoo.com
They shouldn't have dragged an inncent young girl into their
relationship. When they realized they were still in love they should
have been a lot more decent to Diana. He went into his marriage
planning to cheat on his wife, and I think that stinks.
ITA
I have seen a few people get hurt when someone married out of duty but
maintained a prior relationship the whole time.
psychotic episode
I agree.
Sandra
2005-02-11 01:20:45 UTC
Exactly. If he doesn't want to obey the rules he should earn his living
another way and not expect to live off the tax payer - or Duchey of
cornwall!
Sandra
maryanne kehoe
2005-02-11 01:12:04 UTC
A friend of mine is an editor at Tatler--he must be creaming his pants
by now. His magazine wrote an editorial *very* critical of Camilla. I am
emailing him tomorrow to see what he's heard.

I think it's OUTRAGEOUS that she is getting an HRH designation, as
Diana's was taken away after the divorce.

Re: Charles/Camilla to wed - but she will not be Queen

Group: alt.showbiz.gossip Date: Thu, Feb 10, 2005, 9:13am (EST-3) From:
***@yahoo.com (Messalina)
Mez
Witchy Way
2005-02-11 07:34:36 UTC
Aw! my heart bleeds. not

so she gets recognition from the world & gets elevated from concubine to
another title. her biggest perk is the money at her disposal & her
ability to continue to sit around on her ass like the rest of them while
she rakes it in like the rest of them. high class welfare recipients is
what they are. the best thing for england would be to kick their
collective asses to the curb & force them to live like the commoners
aleen
2005-02-11 00:52:00 UTC
Post by Chris Pisarra
Good for them!
Not many loves can last this long, with so many difficulties in the path.
It's about time they were able to enjoy being together.
Chris
ITA! While I felt for Diana because of what she went through during her
life and was sad when she died, I also feel for Camilla. The media has been
horrendous to her. Yes, I know that she *probably* had an affair with a
married man and for that I felt for Diana. However, if Camilla were more
attractive, she would have possibly been treated a *little* better. It must
suck for Charles to be a human being in this day and age trapped in ancient
royal protocol. I am happy they are finally doing what they should have
done all along--get married.

aleen the karaoke queen
d***@hotmail.com
2005-02-11 01:01:17 UTC
Post by aleen
suck for Charles to be a human being in this day and age trapped in ancient
royal protocol.
Geez, yeah, poor guy, agonizing around in all those huge piles of bread
- horrendous!
Post by aleen
I am happy they are finally doing what they should have
done all along--get married.
Instead of cheating on their respective spouses, sure. But they didn't.

Deborah
nina
2005-02-11 01:53:15 UTC
Post by aleen
suck for Charles to be a human being in this day and age trapped in ancient
royal protocol. I am happy they are finally doing what they should have
done all along--get married.
aleen the karaoke queen
I agree. It was an arranged marriage and Charles wasnt free to marry
whomever he liked. Duty called. He had to answer.
Guy Bannis
2005-02-11 03:06:20 UTC
Post by nina
I agree. It was an arranged marriage and Charles wasnt free to marry
whomever he liked. Duty called. He had to answer.
Oh, puhleeze. He didn't have to marry anyone.

And if the marriage had been arranged, apparently no one told the bride.
Francine
2005-02-11 05:01:29 UTC
Post by Chris Pisarra
Good for them!
Not many loves can last this long, with so many difficulties in the path.
It's about time they were able to enjoy being together.
Chris
ITA!
Wrong. Absolutely wrong. Sorry. It is neither romantic nor noble to
enter into a marriage fully intending to cheat on your spouse. There
is no kind of "love" that permits someone to skank around with a
married man, destroying the heart of another woman simply because he
asked her to marry him. You meet the love of your life, you lose him
-- suck it up. You made a mistake and you take the consequences. If
and when he's free again, maybe it will work.

Don't for a second try to make this into anything more than what it is
-- a cheap whore and spoiled nimwit who deserve each other.

What would you say if this had happened to you or someone you love? I
guarantee that it wouldn't be "I'm so glad they can finally be
together!"

Francine
maryanne kehoe
2005-02-11 06:43:52 UTC
snip
What will be the status of Camilla's children from her marriage to her
ex-husband Andrew? With Camilla getting a HRH title upon marriage, does
that confer any special status to the kids?
Alan R Williams
2005-02-11 10:19:12 UTC
Post by maryanne kehoe
snip
What will be the status of Camilla's children from her marriage to her
ex-husband Andrew? With Camilla getting a HRH title upon marriage, does
that confer any special status to the kids?
No.

Alan
--
Alan Williams, Room IT301, School of Computer Science,
University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9PL, U.K.
Tel: +44 161 275 6270 Fax: +44 161 275 6280
Lucrezia
2005-02-12 11:19:27 UTC
Post by maryanne kehoe
snip
What will be the status of Camilla's children from her marriage to her
ex-husband Andrew? With Camilla getting a HRH title upon marriage, does
that confer any special status to the kids?
No. Except they may get invited to even posher parties.

-Lucrezia
--
luc
email: ***@wvbr.com (checked infrequently)
"Whoa... there is no spoon." - Neo-logism
Big J
2005-02-11 13:11:41 UTC
Post by Francine
Post by Chris Pisarra
[...]
What a load of self-righteous crap! Who appointed *you* moral master of the
universe?

If it works for them, fine.

Big J

-----

moria
2005-02-11 15:30:50 UTC
Post by Big J
What a load of self-righteous crap! Who appointed *you* moral master of the
universe?
Well, Charles will be appointed a moral master when he becomes the head of
the Church of England. That's the most disgusting part of it. But then
history is filled with corrupt or hypocritical religious leaders.
Francine
2005-02-11 20:43:20 UTC
Post by Big J
What a load of self-righteous crap! Who appointed *you* moral master of the
universe?
If it works for them, fine.
Big J
No one appointed me anything. I'm not on any particular "side" -- in
fact, I believe I said they deserve each other. My point is simply
that to romanticize ANY affair, be it Charles' or Diana's, is to lose
sight of the fact that it's destructive and hurtful.

Francine
Big J
2005-02-12 03:29:05 UTC
Post by Francine
Post by Big J
What a load of self-righteous crap! Who appointed *you* moral master
of the universe?
If it works for them, fine.
Big J
No one appointed me anything. I'm not on any particular "side" -- in
fact, I believe I said they deserve each other. My point is simply
that to romanticize ANY affair, be it Charles' or Diana's, is to lose
sight of the fact that it's destructive and hurtful.
Francine
Bullshit. Don't try to back away from it now. You blew a shitload of
judgemental crap out your ass.

And why did you snip your comments out?

You said:

"Wrong. Absolutely wrong. Sorry. It is neither romantic nor noble
to enter into a marriage fully intending to cheat on your spouse.
There is no kind of "love" that permits someone to skank around with
a married man, destroying the heart of another woman simply because
he asked her to marry him."

You started making moral judgements - like "Wrong. Absolutely wrong."

Then you started in on judging what is love and what isn't.

Big J

-----

Francine
2005-02-12 07:35:07 UTC
My comment was directed at the poster who said:

Not many loves can last this long, with so many difficulties in the
path.

and the poster who agreed. Their perceptions ARE, in my opinion,
wrong.

I'm not backing away from anything -- I stand behind what I said.
Romantic and noble would have been for Charles to stand up twenty five
years ago and say "This is the woman that I love and I am willing to
accept whatever consequences come of my decision to be with her." That
is something to admire.

So let me get this straight: he dumps the woman that he loves and
enters into a marriage with someone he didn't love, fully intending to
cheat on her? He made his decision, for whatever reason, and she
should have faded away and left him alone -- if he really loved her, it
would have worked out WITHOUT CPB and Charles having to damage someone
else in the process. If that's what you call a moral judgement, fine.
So what? It's my opinion and I expressed it -- who appointed you the
moral watchdog of ACG?

And as far as blowing judgemental crap out of my ass -- you're stirring
up a shitstorm of judgement yourself.

Francine
Sarah Czepiel
2005-02-12 23:07:28 UTC
Post by Chris Pisarra
Not many loves can last this long, with so many difficulties in the path.
and the poster who agreed. Their perceptions ARE, in my opinion,
wrong.
I'm not backing away from anything -- I stand behind what I said.
Romantic and noble would have been for Charles to stand up twenty five
years ago and say "This is the woman that I love and I am willing to
accept whatever consequences come of my decision to be with her." That
is something to admire.
Wasn't Camilla married 25 years ago? Not something admirable to
declare your love and desire to be with a married woman is it? :)
Francine
2005-02-13 02:29:03 UTC
Post by Sarah Czepiel
Wasn't Camilla married 25 years ago? Not something admirable to
declare your love and desire to be with a married woman is it? :)
THESE are the events which led up to the announcement that Charles and
Camilla are to marry.

#1970: Charles and Camilla Shand, both 23, meet for the first time at a
Windsor polo match.

#1971: The two become close but the relationship cools when Charles
joins the Navy.

#JULY 1973: Camilla marries her long-standing admirer, Army officer
Andrew Parker Bowles.

#NOVEMBER 1977: Charles meets 16-year-old Lady Diana Spencer at
Althorp.

#LATE 1970S: Charles and Camilla keep up contact and became close again
towards the end of the decade.

#FEBRUARY 6, 1981: Charles pro-poses to Diana at Windsor Castle.

When they met, neither was married. They remained in contact
throughout her marriage, and could have legitimized this "great love"
long before she married, and nearly a decade before Diana entered the
picture. They also could have done the right thing and divorced their
respective spouses before resuming an affair.

But, of course, those decisions require negative consequences that they
didn't want to face.

Some "great love".

Francine

Firefly
2005-02-11 13:19:25 UTC
Post by Francine
Wrong. Absolutely wrong. Sorry. It is neither romantic nor noble to
enter into a marriage fully intending to cheat on your spouse. There
is no kind of "love" that permits someone to skank around with a
married man, destroying the heart of another woman simply because he
asked her to marry him.
Precisely. Diana herself did indeed 'skank' around with married men.

This was reported pretty extensively long before her death.

None of those wives were given the sympathy that Diana had received. I
certainly wouldn't try justifying Diana's indiscretions to these women.

As for Camilla's former husband Andrew, he too had affairs, which is
why he was not particularly bothered by his wife's relationship with
the Prince of Wales. The marriage only became untenable when he was
painted as a utter fool by the press.
Guy Bannis
And Camilla and Charles should not receive any sympathy either.
AndrewJ
2005-02-10 23:37:39 UTC
"Mrs Parker Bowles will use the title HRH the Duchess of Cornwall after
marriage, Clarence House said.
When Charles becomes King, Camilla will not be known as Queen Camilla
but as the Princess Consort, in an attempt to avoid further
controversy."

Not to be anal retentive, but even if Diana had stayed married to
Charles when he became King, SHE wouldn't have been Queen Diana either
because she wasn't a direct descendant of Elizabeth II, right? Wouldn't
Diana have also been made a consort?
AlanWilliams
2005-02-10 23:43:17 UTC
Post by AndrewJ
"Mrs Parker Bowles will use the title HRH the Duchess of Cornwall after
marriage, Clarence House said.
When Charles becomes King, Camilla will not be known as Queen Camilla
but as the Princess Consort, in an attempt to avoid further
controversy."
Not to be anal retentive, but even if Diana had stayed married to
Charles when he became King, SHE wouldn't have been Queen Diana either
because she wasn't a direct descendant of Elizabeth II, right? Wouldn't
Diana have also been made a consort?
A queen in her own right is a queen regnant. The wife of a king (regnant)
is normally a queen consort. So Diana would have been Queen consort as
opposed to Queen regnant (which is what Elizabeth II is). QE2's mother was
Queen Elizabeth who was also "only" Queen consort because she was married to
King George VI.

AFAIK there has only been one King Consort of England, namely Philip II of
Spain who was married to the Queen regnant Mary Tudor (bloody Mary). Not a
vert good precedent :-)

It's slightly odd in that Prince Philip isn't even Prince Consort (unlike
Queen Victoria's husband). So Charles is actually promising his mistress a
higher title than his father has. Bet that makes the old man very happy.

Alan
Lucrezia
2005-02-11 00:08:42 UTC
Post by AndrewJ
"Mrs Parker Bowles will use the title HRH the Duchess of Cornwall after
marriage, Clarence House said.
When Charles becomes King, Camilla will not be known as Queen Camilla
but as the Princess Consort, in an attempt to avoid further
controversy."
Not to be anal retentive, but even if Diana had stayed married to
Charles when he became King, SHE wouldn't have been Queen Diana either
because she wasn't a direct descendant of Elizabeth II, right? Wouldn't
Diana have also been made a consort?
No, she would have been known as Queen Diana, just as the late "Queen
Mum" was known as Queen Elizabeth when her husband was alive. I suppose
that technically, when she was a widow, she should have been know as
"The Dowager Queen Elizabeth", but was given the friendlier title of
"Elizabeth, the Queen Mother". Any genealogy/royalty buffs out there,
please feel free to correct me!

-Lucrezia
Blitzen
2005-02-12 03:42:08 UTC
On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 00:30:18 +1100, "Rick in Oz"
Post by Rick in Oz
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=
337342&in_page_id=1770
Charles to wed Camilla - but she will not be Queen
OK... first of all....why the fuck do you Americans care so much about
our royal family? You made your choice, now live with it!

And.....Prince Charles has been in love with the same woman for over
30 years. I think that's wonderful! I can only hope I will ever have a
relationship that is so close and lasts that long. I hope they have a
great life together.
Guy Bannis
2005-02-12 04:02:38 UTC
Post by Blitzen
OK... first of all....why the fuck do you Americans care so much about
our royal family? You made your choice, now live with it!
Reminder: these are GOSSIP sites.
Post by Blitzen
And.....Prince Charles has been in love with the same woman for over
30 years. I think that's wonderful! I can only hope I will ever have a
relationship that is so close and lasts that long. I hope they have a
great life together.
A wonderful love that involved duping and cheating their respective
spouses, destroying two marriages, and possibly destroying one young
lady's psyche. There's no explaining what some people want.
maryanne kehoe
2005-02-12 04:06:15 UTC
Post by Blitzen
I think that's wonderful!
Oh yeah, someone who CHEATED on his first wife, a great basis to start a
second marriage.

NOT!
doomella
2005-02-12 20:09:58 UTC
=
Post by Blitzen
Post by Rick in Oz
337342&in_page_id=1770
Charles to wed Camilla - but she will not be Queen
OK... first of all....why the fuck do you Americans care so much about
our royal family? You made your choice, now live with it!
And second of all, why would you assume that somebody called "Rick in Oz" is
American?
Bananafish
2005-02-13 00:53:02 UTC
Post by Rick in Oz
337342&in_page_id=1770
Charles to wed Camilla - but she will not be Queen
The Prince of Wales and Camilla Parker Bowles are to marry on April 8 at
Windsor Castle. Clarence House confirmed the pair will finally wed more than
30 years after they first met - ending long speculation about their future.
The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh have given the Prince of Wales and Mrs
Parker Bowles their "warmest good wishes for their future together",
Buckingham Palace said.
http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.aspx?iid=52187599

LONDON - DATED 1986: (FILE PHOTO) The Queen Mother is seen backstage
following the play "Rookery Nook" by playright Ben Travers, on the night of
his 93rd birthday, in 1986 in London. The image shows the Queen Mother
wearing the ring Prince Charles has given to Camilla Parker-Bowles to seal
their engagement ahead of their wedding on April 8, 2005.