Cher's special ability: sibyl
David Dalton
2024-06-07 04:39:38 UTC
Using my unique special abilities determination ability,
I have divined that Cher has sibyl special ability, which
I define as in Joan D. Vinge’s SF novels The Snow Queen
and The Summer Queen, i.e., as the ability to communicate
with the Earth and with Earthlike planets and Earthlike
moons in the near region of the galaxy.

And Cher held this ability even before the supposed
special abilities evolution, which might not have
occurred yet.
--
David Dalton ***@nfld.com https://www.nfld.com/~dalton (home page)
“And the cart is on a wheel; And the wheel is on a hill; And the
hill is shifting sand; And inside these laws we stand" (Ferron)
Tony Nance
2024-06-08 14:40:56 UTC
Post by David Dalton
Using my unique special abilities determination ability,
I have divined that Cher has sibyl special ability, which
I define as in Joan D. Vinge’s SF novels The Snow Queen
and The Summer Queen, i.e., as the ability to communicate
with the Earth and with Earthlike planets and Earthlike
moons in the near region of the galaxy.
And Cher held this ability even before the supposed
special abilities evolution, which might not have
occurred yet.
If I ever write a time travel story, may I use that last sentence?
- Tony, who would change the name to protect the innocent
Titus G
2024-06-08 21:16:45 UTC
Post by Tony Nance
Post by David Dalton
Using my unique special abilities determination ability,
I have divined that Cher has sibyl special ability, which
I define as in Joan D. Vinge’s SF novels The Snow Queen
and The Summer Queen, i.e., as the ability to communicate
with the Earth and with Earthlike planets and Earthlike
moons in the near region of the galaxy.
And Cher held this ability even before the supposed
special abilities evolution, which might not have
occurred yet.
If I ever write a time travel story, may I use that last sentence?
- Tony, who would change the name to protect the innocent
Best to engage lawyers before judging anybody innocent. If David
Dalton's unique special abilities determination ability is functioning
correctly as usual as described, (and there has been not a thing in his
questionable), then why are people still dying in earthquakes if she is
innocent? Surely she has an obligation to warn of such events.
Tony Nance
2024-06-09 00:35:27 UTC
Post by Titus G
Post by Tony Nance
Post by David Dalton
[...]
Heh. Of course, maybe the innocent are being protected from her, yes? :)
- Tony
David Dalton
2024-06-09 02:26:58 UTC
Post by Tony Nance
Post by David Dalton
Using my unique special abilities determination ability,
I have divined that Cher has sibyl special ability, which
I define as in Joan D. Vinge’s SF novels The Snow Queen
and The Summer Queen, i.e., as the ability to communicate
with the Earth and with Earthlike planets and Earthlike
moons in the near region of the galaxy.
And Cher held this ability even before the supposed
special abilities evolution, which might not have
occurred yet.
If I ever write a time travel story, may I use that last sentence?
- Tony, who would change the name to protect the innocent
Ha, sure.

The special abilities evolution has not occurred yet,
but might occur tonight, as I am reporting on on the
thread “World Ocean Day onset” on alt.religion.druid .

If not, perhaps I will give up on my Sisyphean attempts for a while.
Robert Carnegie
2024-06-22 01:17:37 UTC
Post by Tony Nance
Post by David Dalton
Using my unique special abilities determination ability,
I have divined that Cher has sibyl special ability, which
I define as in Joan D. Vinge’s SF novels The Snow Queen
and The Summer Queen, i.e., as the ability to communicate
with the Earth and with Earthlike planets and Earthlike
moons in the near region of the galaxy.
And Cher held this ability even before the supposed
special abilities evolution, which might not have
occurred yet.
If I ever write a time travel story, may I use that last sentence?
- Tony, who would change the name to protect the innocent
I point out it's a matter of record that Cher
CANNOT turn back time.

In her appearance in _Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?_
I think I remember her unusual powers included
being very rich, and being good at cakes.
Scott Dorsey
2024-06-22 02:54:25 UTC
Post by Robert Carnegie
I point out it's a matter of record that Cher
CANNOT turn back time.
It's all she really wants to do.
Post by Robert Carnegie
In her appearance in _Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?_
I think I remember her unusual powers included
being very rich, and being good at cakes.
Neither one is anything to be sneezed at.
--scott
Paul S Person
2024-06-22 15:55:03 UTC
On Sat, 22 Jun 2024 02:17:37 +0100, Robert Carnegie
Post by Robert Carnegie
Post by Tony Nance
Post by David Dalton
Using my unique special abilities determination ability,
I have divined that Cher has sibyl special ability, which
I define as in Joan D. Vinge’s SF novels The Snow Queen
and The Summer Queen, i.e., as the ability to communicate
with the Earth and with Earthlike planets and Earthlike
moons in the near region of the galaxy.
And Cher held this ability even before the supposed
special abilities evolution, which might not have
occurred yet.
If I ever write a time travel story, may I use that last sentence?
- Tony, who would change the name to protect the innocent
I point out it's a matter of record that Cher
CANNOT turn back time.
In her appearance in _Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?_
I think I remember her unusual powers included
being very rich, and being good at cakes.
Being very rich is Batman's superpower.

How good he is at cakes I have no idea.
--
"Here lies the Tuscan poet Aretino,
Who evil spoke of everyone but God,
Giving as his excuse, 'I never knew him.'"
BCFD 36
2024-06-10 20:27:47 UTC
Post by David Dalton
Using my unique special abilities determination ability,
I have divined that Cher has sibyl special ability, which
I define as in Joan D. Vinge’s SF novels The Snow Queen
and The Summer Queen, i.e., as the ability to communicate
with the Earth and with Earthlike planets and Earthlike
moons in the near region of the galaxy.
And Cher held this ability even before the supposed
special abilities evolution, which might not have
occurred yet.
So, which "Cher" are we talking about. The singer or the one from
"Clueless"? Or maybe one that does not spring to mind.
--
----------------

Dave Scruggs
Senior Software Engineer - Lockheed Martin, et. al (mostly Retired)
Captain - Boulder Creek Fire (Retired)
Board of Directors - Boulder Creek Fire Protection District (What was I
thinking?)
David Dalton
2024-06-11 04:10:04 UTC
Post by BCFD 36
Post by David Dalton
Using my unique special abilities determination ability,
I have divined that Cher has sibyl special ability, which
I define as in Joan D. Vinge’s SF novels The Snow Queen
and The Summer Queen, i.e., as the ability to communicate
with the Earth and with Earthlike planets and Earthlike
moons in the near region of the galaxy.
And Cher held this ability even before the supposed
special abilities evolution, which might not have
occurred yet.
So, which "Cher" are we talking about. The singer or the one from
"Clueless"? Or maybe one that does not spring to mind.
The singer (e.g. of Believe) and actress (e.g, in Moonstruck
and The Witches of Eastwick), and earlier of the duo
Sonny and Cher.
David Dalton
2024-06-11 04:17:58 UTC
Post by David Dalton
Post by BCFD 36
Post by David Dalton
Using my unique special abilities determination ability,
I have divined that Cher has sibyl special ability, which
I define as in Joan D. Vinge’s SF novels The Snow Queen
and The Summer Queen, i.e., as the ability to communicate
with the Earth and with Earthlike planets and Earthlike
moons in the near region of the galaxy.
And Cher held this ability even before the supposed
special abilities evolution, which might not have
occurred yet.
So, which "Cher" are we talking about. The singer or the one from
"Clueless"? Or maybe one that does not spring to mind.
The singer (e.g. of Believe) and actress (e.g, in Moonstruck
and The Witches of Eastwick), and earlier of the duo
Sonny and Cher.
The Cher Horowitz in Clueless is the name of the character,
not the actress, who is Alicia Silverstone.
Paul S Person
2024-06-11 15:38:39 UTC
Post by David Dalton
Post by David Dalton
Post by BCFD 36
Post by David Dalton
Using my unique special abilities determination ability,
I have divined that Cher has sibyl special ability, which
I define as in Joan D. Vinge’s SF novels The Snow Queen
and The Summer Queen, i.e., as the ability to communicate
with the Earth and with Earthlike planets and Earthlike
moons in the near region of the galaxy.
And Cher held this ability even before the supposed
special abilities evolution, which might not have
occurred yet.
So, which "Cher" are we talking about. The singer or the one from
"Clueless"? Or maybe one that does not spring to mind.
The singer (e.g. of Believe) and actress (e.g, in Moonstruck
and The Witches of Eastwick), and earlier of the duo
Sonny and Cher.
The Cher Horowitz in Clueless is the name of the character,
not the actress, who is Alicia Silverstone.
But since we are clearly dealing here with fantasy, it could have been
the character that was meant.