Gossip Past: Dinah Shore Scandal
l***@gmail.com
2017-12-17 06:34:58 UTC
I was in this discussion about Mr. M. Jackson's pale child, when
"Many, many years ago there was a tremendous scandal when popular
singer
Dinah Shore (Blonde haired and blue eyed) went through a divorce
because
she bore a child that was obviously black. Naturally her caucasian
husband thought she had been unfaithful. Actually it revealed a
family
skeleton--apparently Dinah Shore's mother had conceived her in an
extra-martial affair with a black man. Her mother thought that,
somehow
she had been spared the shame when Dinah was born so blonde."
Anybody ever heard about this??? Can you elaborate???!
-- Joyela!
Surf and Have Fun :>!
Sounds like total fantasy to me. Dinah was wed to George Montgomery from
1943 until 1962 and had one daughter in 1948. She had a brief marriage
in 1963 and a longer romance with the much-younger Burt Reynolds,
neither of which produced a child, probably becuase she was already 46
in 1963.
And she wasn't born a blonde - in her early movies, she was a brunette.
Linda ASGTPR#49
l***@gmail.com
n***@earthlink.net
I remember when a very well-known negro baseball player (I'm not a sports fan, so I don't remember his name) wrote an autobiography in which he claimed that he had had an affair with Dinah. That was the last time I saw that claim anywhere. It seems to have vanished from the Internet, but THERE WAS A BOOK.
s***@gmail.com
Linda ASGTPR#49
w***@gmail.com
Linda ASGTPR#49
w***@gmail.com
Linda ASGTPR#49
w***@gmail.com
Linda ASGTPR#49
w***@gmail.com
2019-12-15 21:44:37 UTC
[...]
There was a scandal about Dinah and a black man, but I’ve been unable to find it again, although it got quite a bit of press at the time, especially, since the black man mentioned it in his book.

I’ll keep it short. There was a well-know black baseball player. In his book, he said that he had been Dinah’s lover. That’s all I know. I can’t remember his name, and I don’t remember any denials. In fact, all I know is that some black baseball player wrote a book in which he claimed that he had been Dinah’s lover.

Bunky
PS: I also remember the rumors that Dinah was part black.
---
n***@gmail.com
2019-12-17 02:30:05 UTC
in 1963.
And she wasn't born a blonde - in her early movies, she was a brunette.
Linda ASGTPR#49
While the mixed parentage part may be true, I see no factual basis for
the divorce-due-to-black-baby story. When was this alleged baby born,
and to which husband? Her daughter by GM was seen on her TV show and was
quite white.
Linda ASGTPR#49
Uhm, perhaps you are confusing Dinah with Diane Carroll?
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/112308584430822907/
r***@gmail.com
Linda ASGTPR#49
r***@gmail.com
Yes, many years ago, my mother told me mother told me that Dinah Shore was part black. She used a racial slur (which I will not repeat here) to describe this circumstance.
Mark Hall
2021-07-11 08:13:01 UTC
Post by r***@gmail.com
[...]
it was not Shore's fault had a black baby was in her genes. was told that her own grandmother had black in her. so was the third generation when it came out. to me George Montgomery was never worthy of her in the first place for not believing she would have a affair back to my movie Cripple Creek. I have many of this woman's 78 rpm records and like every one of them she was a great lady.