Gossip Past: Dinah Shore Scandal
l***@gmail.com
2017-12-17 06:34:58 UTC
I was in this discussion about Mr. M. Jackson's pale child, when
"Many, many years ago there was a tremendous scandal when popular
singer
Dinah Shore (Blonde haired and blue eyed) went through a divorce
because
she bore a child that was obviously black. Naturally her caucasian
husband thought she had been unfaithful. Actually it revealed a
family
skeleton--apparently Dinah Shore's mother had conceived her in an
extra-martial affair with a black man. Her mother thought that,
somehow
she had been spared the shame when Dinah was born so blonde."
Anybody ever heard about this??? Can you elaborate???!
-- Joyela!
Surf and Have Fun :>!
Sounds like total fantasy to me. Dinah was wed to George Montgomery from
1943 until 1962 and had one daughter in 1948. She had a brief marriage
in 1963 and a longer romance with the much-younger Burt Reynolds,
neither of which produced a child, probably becuase she was already 46
in 1963.
And she wasn't born a blonde - in her early movies, she was a brunette.
Linda ASGTPR#49
l***@gmail.com
I Remember, it was in the news late 50's early 60's I was a young girl and over heard my Mom talking about it. I had listened to Dinah Shore since I was 4 or 5 years old, my mom had her 45 record "Button and Bows", and I played that over and over again trying to learn the song and I also watched her blow a big kiss to everyone after her variety show was coming to the end. Her and Loretta Young were very popular back then. I asked my mom how she could have a black baby when she was so blonde and my mom didn't really answer me, I guess at that age I was 10+ it was not up for discussion. I remember being concerned for the the little baby. I did not realize that is what caused Dinah's divorce to George Montgomery. To me they were a perfect couple, he was so handsom. Dinah like Loretta Young were household names.
n***@earthlink.net
2018-07-31 17:35:43 UTC
[...]
I remember when a very well-known negro baseball player (I'm not a sports fan, so I don't remember his name) wrote an autobiography in which he claimed that he had had an affair with Dinah. That was the last time I saw that claim anywhere. It seems to have vanished from the Internet, but THERE WAS A BOOK.